Apostolic Life Cathedral Info
Established in 1924, Apostolic Life Cathedral is the church with the warm welcome, and is located in the Guyandotte section of Huntington, WV.
Bishop Edwin S. Harper, along with his wife Sharon K. Harper, have lead this vibrant congregation since 1985.
1. The Bible is still the Inspired Word of God (2 Timothy 3:26 & Psalm 119:89).
2. Conversion consists of the deliverance from all sin and unrighteousness through the Blood of Jesus Christ (Matthew 26:28 & Hebrews 9:14-22), by Repentance of sin; Water Baptism in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38 & 22:16); and receiving the Baptism of the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:1-4; 36-41; 3:19). Jesus described this as being “Born Again” (John 3:3-5).
3. After we are “Born Again”, and freed from sin, we are commanded to go and sin no more (John 8:11); to live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present world (Titus 2:12); and to follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord (Hebrews 12:14).
4. There is only one God (1 John 5:7, Deuteronomy 6:4, Psalm 100:3); In Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily (Colossians 2:9); and His name is Lord Jesus Christ (Matthew 1:18-25; Acts 2:36; Ephesians 3:14-15).
5. There is no sickness or disease too hard for God. We believe in Divine Healing and that Miracles still abound (Isaiah 53:5 & 1 Peter 2:24).
6. We are earnestly looking for the second coming of Jesus Christ for His Church, as taught by the Lord, His Apostles, and the writers of the New Testament (Matthew 24; John 14:1-4; Acts 1:11; 3:19-21; 1 Corinthians 11:26; 15:50-56; Philippians 3:20-21; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17; Titus 2:13-14).