Update the player settings using the options below. For technical help, please click the help link below.
Set Layout to Go Player Style
Having trouble viewing the videos, please click here for viewer help
But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work
assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.
When speaking of those committed to a life lived for the Lord Jesus Christ, the line seems to thin out. Not all, but some like the idea of being a
CONSUMER for Jesus, but not CONSUMED for Him.
Wise people leverage their influence for eternal purposes.
Who are you living for?
What are you living for?
Qualities of Influential People
1. A faithful work for God, demonstrated with loving deeds, fueled with an enduring hope because of the Lord Jesus Christ. (v.3)
(v.3) As we pray to our God and Father about you, we think of your faithful work, your loving deeds, and the enduring hope you have because of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2. They have the perspective of joy in hard times. (v.6)
(v.6) So you received the message with joy from the Holy Spirit in spite of the severe suffering it brought you. In this way, you imitated both us and the Lord.
Do everything without complaining and arguing.
- How did these people in the church get this way?
- How can we come along side of others and help them be expanding
influencers for eternal reasons?
- How can our church emulate the Thessalonian church from the first
1. People can become influential because of PRAYER.
2. People became influential because of the Holy Spirit’s POWER
manifested through them. V.5
In the week ahead in all of the busyness:
1. Locate the people DEAREST to you and pray for them specifically
and constantly. Ratchet up prayer. Not vague, but specific.
2. Ask these 2 questions:
• What kind of influence do I HAVE ?
• What kind of influence do I WANT to have?
Not just words, put the demonstration and power of the Holy Spirit.
That’s someone who is leveraging their influence for eternal reasons.
Prayer of Salvation
Jesus, I thank You that You came and died on the cross for my sins so
that I can be forgiven. I am a sinner and in need of Your grace, mercy,
and forgiveness. I turn from my sins and say “No” to a life of living for
myself. I turn to You and say “Yes” to Your will for my life. I ask You now
to save me from my sins. I open my heart to You and receive You as my
Lord and Savior. Thank you for saving me and forgiving me. Amen .